February 7, 2017
Online Safety Parents Meeting
Thank you to those who came to our Online Safety Meeting. We hope you found it useful and it helped to make you feel confident that your child is safe online.
The following are recommended web sites for you to find out more and stay up to date with the latest information about online safety.
Parent Zone includes an online training course for parents.
Parent Check List
The following list represents a set of actions that you may want to consider in order to begin supporting your children to be as safe as possible online. Please note that the above web links will offer further help and advice. The Parent Zone web site even includes an online training course for parents.
- I have asked my child to show me the sites they use
- I have checked my child’s privacy settings
- I have asked my child about their online friends
- I have set appropriate controls on the computer/laptop, gaming and mobile devices
- My child has agreed to tell me if they are worried about something online
- I know where to get help if I’m concerned about my child
As part of our conversion to Charnock Hall Primary Academy, our website is about to undergo some changes. We will endeavor to include these web links (and others) to provide support to you as parents on our new website.
If you are worried and need any further help, please contact Mr Rossiter via the School Office or firstname.lastname@example.org Or speak to your class teacher or a member of the Safeguarding Team